Starting Over

Started out as a poem but then I decided to make it into a poem/story LOL.

What happens when you have to hit the reset button on your life, or realize that the friends who you thought was your friends really weren’t? What happens when all was going well and you feel you made it to the top but realize you didn’t even make a move? What happens when you must start over, pick up the pieces, begin again? Starting over isn’t easy, how do I begin? where do I go? do I look back, No! can’t look back. Do I pray? What if God doesn’t answer me?

So many thoughts ran through my head as I look at my path. It was completely dark and dank. The light of my old life behind me seem so promising but the pain of that life still remain. Was I truly happy in my old life? Was I really what I thought I was? No! can’t think about the past must look ahead.

My heart began to race as I gaze into the dark abyss. Not knowing what could be in there scare me. I couldn’t move, the temptations of my old life tempted me to step back but I can’t because of all the lies, the bad memories, the consequences and the pain of my old life, I could not bare. I must move on, I must step forward.

I close my eyes, and took a deep breath and I took a step forward. As I did the chains of my old life got weaker and eventually broke from me. I was free to create, create a life, a life worth living. I was me again, home again within myself.

I’m still a little weak but I can feel myself getting stronger as it becomes easier to walk now. Will I ever reach my destination? Is there a destination? Will my path be harder or will it be easier? I don’t know, I just don’t know! Just breathe, and let it go I told myself. It’s only the beginning, the beginning of starting over.

1 comments:

Sozo's Blog.com June 4, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Absolutely beautiful. I wish I could write that good, oh I try..but that was off the chain!

About The Writer

My photo
A young brother working on his craft. In this blog you will see everything from stories, poems to random stuff. I think its important that every one just keeps writing what ever it may be, just keep writing we all got a story to tell. So why not let people hear your story. Plus you will hear some of my favorite music.